Friday, May 17, 2013

happy little tree

Painting was super fun. I definetly looked forward to this part of the class the most and it was fun to mess with paint. I started out the first whole week trying to paint clouds but I couldn't get it the way I wanted to. I tried doing what Bob Ross did but everytime I stroked outwards it looked horrible so I just dabbed with the fat brush. The mountains took forever to paint (I used like 5 layers) but I wanted it to be kind of like a dark background looming over the rest of the painting. I scrapped that idea and painted it green in the end.


 I added another mountain to the left and tried to make it bright with alot of trees on the side of it. The little landing on the right was the edge of a cliff or field that overlooks a river thing. I started a nice tree that would have covered the mountain a bit but I couldn't decide what kind of tree it would be. I still want to work on it if I get more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment